Unified communications as a service (UCaaS) is a cloud-based strategy for merging multiple telecom and communication software applications in a centralized and easily accessible virtual space. In 2014, the global UCaaS market was valued at $13.1 billion, and that figure is expected to nearly double by 2019.
A growing number of businesses are discovering the many benefits of UCaaS platforms. They deliver competitive advantages by allowing employees to instantly communicate with clients and team members using virtually any mode and any connected device at any time. Here’s a look at some of the other key aspects of its value proposition:
- Better business continuity. Business continuity and disaster planning are essential to any enterprise strategy. With UCaaS, communication downtime is virtually eliminated in the event of an emergency or unforeseen disaster, allowing team members to remain productive and responsive in the aftermath of a service disruption.
- Improved employee mobility. Growing numbers of workers are choosing to telecommute part or all of the time, and UCaaS provides them with a comprehensive communication and productivity toolbox. Third-party applications can quickly and easily be integrated into a UCaaS platform, giving businesses and their employees optimal flexibility.
- Effective collaboration tools. Collaboration is the lifeblood of any enterprise, and the rise of more mobile workplaces means that businesses need dynamic and innovative solutions. UCaaS supports collaboration over any distance with its complete suite of communication and productivity tools, which can reduce or even eliminate the need for expensive business travel.
- Ease of deployment. Compared to conventional telephone systems, UCaaS is easier to install and integrate. It greatly reduces physical resource requirements and is ideal for new companies that are looking to get up and running quickly with minimal expenditures.
- Simplified scalability. UCaaS services can be scaled up or down quickly, and users only pay for the services they actively use. Pre-packaged solutions that require enterprises to sign up for services they may not actually need are not part of the prevailing sales model.
Best of all, UCaaS services can significantly cut costs while offering convenient user features like one-number dialing. Choosing a best-in-class service model is essential to realizing its full benefits, so be sure to carefully compare the relative benefits and advantages offered by competing providers.
If you would like to learn more about ROI Networks’ dynamic suite of UCaaS and enterprise collaboration tools, contact us today.